And, only time for a handful!
Our plan to see the 1001 Things to See in York, meant that we need to stay for…. ohhh… four days. The first was only late afternoon, so really it was three full days.
We really wanted to see everything, but failed in our goal. I think we’d say that another full day would be just right for your visit.1,001 Things to See in York? Click To Tweet
I’m sure you’re probably chomping at the bit to begin reading about the 1001 things to see in York. So, let’s get right into it, shall we?
- Be charmed strolling the shambles.
- Get some fresh air on the the Wall Walk.
- Find your Viking roots at Jorvik Viking Center.
- Dive into the Roman Bath Museum.
- Be awed at the grandeur York Minster.
- Get a cinder in your eye at the fabulous Railway Museum.
- Raise your endorphins at the York Chocolate Story Tour.
- Stumble down Stonegate to Barley Hall.
- York Castle Museum, where history comes alive.
- Get your Viking on with Sigwulf’s Original Viking Walk.
Phew! Is that 1,001 things to see in York, yet. Okay, you’ve probably guessed by now that this list doesn’t really include 1,001 things to see in York, but, boy howdy, there are a lot!
This is one awesome place to visit young and old alike! And, that is why we recommend several days when you come to visit.
1001 Things to See in York Helpful Tip
The York Pass! Get it!
If you are planning on visiting the 1001 things to see in York, most of which have an entry fee, this is a real cost savings! The York Pass offers a choice of free entry into over thirty York attractions and tours as well as restaurant and shopping offers.
The pass is offered as a 1, 2, or 3 day version. You can pick yours up at the Vistor’s Information Center, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or www.yorkpass.com.
Disclaimer: Visit York supplied us with our York Passes, but, as always, our thoughts are our own.
Stay tuned for further pages about our stay in York, and the wonderful experiences you can look forward to upon your arrival.