Top Heliskiing Locations In Canada
Top Heliskiing Locations In Canada
Heliskiing is becoming a popular commercial sport and, for experienced skiers heliskiing resorts offer the perfect holiday destination. It involves off-trail, downhill skiing or snowboarding, fresh powder and off the beaten track runs are accessed by helicopter.
The adoption of Heliskiing as a commercial sport is accredited to the creativity of Hans Gmoser in 1965. Hans Gmoser was a pioneer of Canadian mountaineering and skiing, he made the Canadian mountains famous with his films. Since Gmoser conceived the idea, heliskiing has become a very popular and lucrative commercial sport.
Heliskiing presents a great opportunity for skiers around the world; it is important to always carry out extensive research about any extreme sports activity before you make the decision to have a go at it. This is an activity that can be very risky and so it requires thorough knowledge and experience, it is not for novice skiers.
Canada is considered to offer some of the best Heliskiing opportunities in the World this is because of the Bugaboo Mountains, located in the Purcell mountain range of British Columbia. Many enthusiasts are of the opinion that there are countless heliskiing locations in Canada and this has made it very difficult for skiers and snowboarders to decide on the best location for them to book Heliskiing holiday.
However, to make the decision process easier, we have carried out extensive research on the best Heliskiing resorts in Canada. TheyTop Heliskiing Locations In Canada are;
- Canadian Mountain Holidays Cariboo Lodge, British Columbia: Canadian Mountain holidays offers some interesting Heliskiing locations. This Heliskiing resort run with 11 lodges that offer over three million acres of skiing between them. Visitors to Cariboo Lodge usually spend an average of four days there, there is no way that most heliskiing resorts can be tried for just one day. The first day of a trip will be devoted to orienting visitors on essential safety precautions that must be observed. This is one of the most visited and used Heliskiing resorts in Canada.
- Mike Wiegele Heliskiing Blue Rive, British Columbia: Wiegele is another amazing and large Heliskiing resort. It is run by a former Australian ski racer – Mike Wiegele and it was one time the biggest single Heliskiing resort on the planet. The territory available is about 3000 miles and it offers 1000 peaks with capacity for about 10 helicopters.
- Selkirk Tangiers, Revelstoke, British Columbia: Revelstoke is one of the most fascinating ski centres in Canada. This Heliskiing resort is always highly recommended. It borders Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks. The vertical feet are about 1640 to 7220 and Canadian Mountain Holidays’ Heliskiing has a lodge in Revelstoke.
- Northern Escape Heliskiing, British Columbia: Northern Escape Heliskiing operates Yellow Cedar Lodge, located on the banks of the Skeena River. On their website, Northern Escape Heliskiing say, “Yellow Cedar Lodge offers a comfortable, boutique atmosphere in a remote mountain lodge, with all the amenities that you would expect.” The resort is surrounded by nearly 3500 square miles of heliskiing territory.
- RK Heliskiing, Panorama, British Columbia: This is another amazing Heliskiing location. Unlike many similar resorts, skiers and snowboarders consider RK Heliskiing the perfect location for people who want to engage in a one-day Heliskiing trip to the Purcell Mountains.
This post on Top Heliskiing Locations In Canada was written and supplied on behalf of Northern Escape Heliskiing, follow them on Facebook to learn more.