Winning the Liebster Award!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award bestowed by one blogger to others in recognition for their promise in the area of travel and blogging. Once a blogger has accepted the nomination, he or she then nominates others worth of recognition.
Who Nominated Us?
I’d like to give a huge shout-out to Kim Hartman from Travels Through Midlife for the nomination. It is such an honor. Thank you!
What are the Rules for the Liebster Award?
Once you accept a nomination, you are expected to complete the following steps:
• Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
• Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award logo
• Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
• Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award
• Nominate 11 new favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award
• Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees
• Notify the nominees
The Questions We Were Asked
- What has been your favorite trip of all time? Is it really possible to pick just one favorite trip? Not without a lot of difficulty, that’s for sure. It’s hard to remember the all, I think the trip that took us to Lac Annecy and then up to the Route du Vin, may have been our favorite.
- Why do you want to be a travel blogger? There is no reason really. It just started out as a way for us to share our travel experiences with family and friends. It was really nothing more than that. And, it pretty much remains the same now.
- What do you like best about blogging? The thing I like best about blogging has been getting to know other bloggers and having the opportunity to meet them and exchange experiences.
- What do you like least about blogging? Sitting at the computer rather than traveling.
- How much of your time is spent blogging vs. social media? They seem to ebb and flow. Sometimes, more time is spent writing, but other times social media takes over.
- Favorite book or movie? Favorite movie must surely be: Lawrence of Arabia! I first saw it when I was 12, and went to see it three times in a week. And, have seen it many times since then.
- Do you prefer to read books in print or electronically (iPad, etc.)? In print, definitely.
- What is your biggest challenge with blogging? The biggest challenge? Not being able to keep up with the various facets of the game. From traveling to writing to keeping up with the social media. But, far and away the biggest challenge is getting traffic on the blog and connecting with sponsors.
- Do you have any travel challenges (afraid to fly, handicapped, non-supportive spouse, etc.)? If so, how do you overcome them? No, no physical travel challenges. Of course, finding the money to travel as much as we would like is a biggy.
- What do you think of this Liebster award? The Liebster is great recognition, and a super way of getting to know other travel bloggers.
- With the end of 2015 rapidly approaching, what is one of your 2016 goals as far as travel or travel writing? This one is pretty obvious to us, I think. To travel even more, now that we are retired.
Questions for My Nominees
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
- What is the most interesting/funny/harrowing train experience?
- To-date in your travels, which city is your favorite, and why?
- If we looked at your playlist, what would be the three most played songs?
- Who is the travel writer or blogger, that has influenced you most?
- What is the travel accessory you can not do without?
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?
- What is your biggest failure?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Have you been to any travel events; ie, TBEX, Travel Massive, etc., and did you find it valuable?
- What are the next five locations you would like to visit next?
So, With No Further Ado: The Nominees Are
Brie Goumaz – Chasing the Wild Goose.com
Haley Pugh – Borderlass.com
Megan MacNee – Traveling Nine to Fiver.com
Lara Dunning – Small Town Washington.com
Sheri Graciano – Pack the Passports.com
Adam and Gabby – Local Nomads.com
Karilyn Owen – No Back Home.com
Lucy Dodsworth – On the Luce.com
Bryan Richards – The Wandering Gourmand.com
Andreja Jernejčič – Adventerous Journeys
Sylvia Bettina – Heart My Backpack.com